top of page

NCRRdissolution.com Group

Public·4 members
Katherine Beavers
Katherine Beavers

The tracks run right behind my house on North Craven Street. When I moved in 16 years ago they asked me to sign a waiver as my fence was on their property. No problem. Fast forward to 2018- Florence. A huge tree from thier property fell on mine. I worked on them for 9 months before it was finally removed. I had to email them every other day. I made it clear I was not going away. They finally moved the tree but guess what? They revoked my original agreement/waiver. They re- fenced the area and forced me to move my shed. We also have constant worries about the increadibly toxic and dangerous things they are carrying through town. Lots of acids, etc. A derailment would be catastrophic. I wonder if there is any plan in place if that happens. Additionally, they do not keep their property up. The railroad yard is a MESS and reduces our property values. The general concensus is that they are untouchable. That is not right in any way.

Maurice Howland
Roy Smith
Roy Smith
Roy Smith
Feb 18

We shouldn't be forced to wait for a disaster like a train derailment with dangerous chemical spills before the railroad moves their yard out of town. They could find somewhere out-of-town for the yard. And how many more children have to have their legs cut off before they do something? Would think after that they would have at least erected a fence between the homes and railroad. But nope!

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

• Maurice Howland
    Maurice Howland
  • Maurice Howland
    Maurice Howland
  • Katherine Beavers
    Katherine Beavers
  • Roy Smith
    Roy Smith
bottom of page